UPDATE Visitation Rulemaking Process – Next Steps
Rulemaking is governed by the provisions of the Administrative Procedure Act, Chapter 120, Florida Statutes.
- The rulemaking record will be compiled and be provided to the agency for their consideration.
- Any Joint Administrative Procedures Committee (JAPC) comments will be reviewed and considered by the agency.
- The agency will make a determination on whether the rule, or any portion thereof, should be amended. Any amended language will be reviewed by the agency before moving forward in the rulemaking process.
- If there are substantive changes to the proposed rule, a notice will be sent to the Office of Fiscal Accountability and Regulatory Reform (OFARR) and a seven day waiting period begins.
- Upon the conclusion of the seven day waiting period, a Notice of Change will be sent to the Joint Administrative Procedures Committee (JAPC) for their review and comments.
- The Notice of Change will be published in the Florida Administrative Register (FAR) and a twenty-one day waiting period begins. The publication would contain instructions to the public on how and where to submit their comments.
- Upon the conclusion of the Notice of Change waiting period, the rule would be filed with the Department of State for adoption for publication in the Florida Administrative Register.
- Twenty days after the filing of the final rule with the Department of State, the rule would become effective.
Please note: There will be no changes to the normal weekend visitation schedule, unless specifically posted on the website, until after the rule making process is complete.
The current weekend visitation remains in effect at institutions statewide.