TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – FDLE has taken the following actions statewide to respond to COVID-19:
- FDLE has been granted an exception by the FBI to conduct preliminary name-based criminal history record checks for critical positions like healthcare workers and teachers. FDLE is also waiving the fees associated with these checks for employers of critical workers.
- FDLE continues to hold COVID-19 related calls with our State and Local partners.
- FDLE is working with all Florida Law Enforcement on obtaining updated PPE needs (e.g. nylon masks vs. N95 masks).
- FDLE and FHP continue to facilitate the escort of testing collection kits statewide.
- FDLE and ESF-16 partners are working with the Florida Sheriffs Association and Police Chief’s Association to provide support for FHP at all screening points.
- FDLE is working with our ESF-16 partners on a contingency plan for an ESF-16 backup team to be stationed outside the EOC if this becomes necessary.
- FDLE coordinated with state logistics on providing sheltering at the I-10 and I-95 screening locations.
- FDLE is leading the statewide coordination of law enforcement through the Florida Sheriffs Association and the Florida Police Chiefs Association for airport security screening in support of the Department of Health and Fla. National Guard.
- FDLE is coordinating with our ESF 16 partners on a variety of law enforcement missions statewide including traffic control for test collection sites.