TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – FDLE has taken the following actions statewide to respond to COVID-19:
- The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is coordinating with the Florida Sheriffs Association and the Florida Police Chiefs Association to test law enforcement exposed to mass gatherings for COVID-19.
- FDLE is working with DBPR providing guidance for enforcing the closure of bars and 50 percent seating capacity limit for and entertainment businesses.
- FDLE continues to provide support to FHP at the I-95 checkpoint.
- FDLE is working with the Florida Sheriffs Association and the Florida Police Chiefs Association on traffic assistance at testing/collection sites statewide.
- FDLE continues to work with the Florida Police Chiefs Association and the Florida Sheriffs Association to monitor law enforcement staffing impacts and staffing needs due to COVID-19.